Mac & Cheese Productions℠ is a lifestyle company born in 2004.
Mac & Cheese (M&C) helps you find your tribe, expand your horizons, and feel full, mainly through in-person offerings. Think adult summer-camp and the opposite of every horrible networking event you’ve ever attended. M&C offers opportunities for people who want to grow their community and themselves without resorting to oft-disheartening paths such as stuffy networking events, online dating sites, classes that screech to a halt after the class ends, and life coaches whose own lives don’t reflect what they preach.
M&C helps create a culture where everyone has a voice and is heard and included, actions are based in trust, empathy, and “we” not “I”, and the norm is to be proactive, open to change, and challenge-seeking. Creativity, diversity, and play are celebrated, tradition and innovation co-exist, and being “at work” equates happiness.
For more info on how you or your organization can tap into the M&C goodness, head to Offerings in the menubar up top.
Your default is to think YES, why not?, let’s do it, instead of NO, what if, I can’t
- you recognize and modify self-imposed constraints
- you see value in being open and optimistic
You feel connected
- to others, to opportunities (professionally and personally), to yourself
You have a supportive community of people who are up for anything
- you have a tribe
- you belong
- you run into fellow LOYers all the time
You revert to kid’ness
- laughing till your abs hurt/eyes water
- doing something without passing judgment on others or yourself
- using your hands, moving your body
- play for play’s sake
You feel comfortably challenged
You’re a magnet for goodness
- things fall in your lap
You spend your time doing what you want to be doing
You take action
You’re selfish in a positive way
- self-love and self-care is a good thing and makes you a better friend, coworker, significant other, parent
You embrace your suckage and your differences and put them to work for you
When you hit a bump, you deal with it and you move on
You’re fulfilled and happy most of the time
- You understand that you choose what your life looks like
You realize your superpowers and use them to better your life and the lives of others
Mac & Cheese is for you if you’re an individual who
- Is looking for an answer to “What am I passionate about?” “What do I want to do?”
- Wants to meet new people
- Wants to challenge yourself
- Is tired of being someone else to impress others and just want to be yourself and be among people being themselves
- Is going through a transition – new city, new job, new relationship status…
- Wants to create genuine, lasting bonds with others
- Isn’t sure what you want, but know you want something more
- Would rather try and fail then not try at all
- Wants to say Yes! more
- Has the entrepreneurial itch, whether you want to entrepreneur full-time or as a side hustle
- Wants to help someone: maybe yourself, maybe someone else, maybe both
- Is looking for more interesting stuff to fill your time than movies, bars, and reruns of Friends
- Is open-minded
- Feels stuck
- Is ready to kick fear in the shins and use it to your benefit
- Wants to unearth and share your stories (even if you know you don’t have any stories)
- Wants to focus not on yesterday or tomorrow but on today
- Isn’t sure why you’re reading this, or why it resonates, but want to explore the possibilities
Mac & Cheese is for you if you’re an organization who
- Wants to offer a fun and unique office opportunity that promotes discovery and skill development
- Values innovation, play, and laughter
- Wants to relieve tension around a specific issue
- Wants to offer something other than a stuffy Powerpoint
About the Creator of Mac & Cheese
Saya Hillman started Mac & Cheese Productions℠ in 2004 after she got fired from her last full-time job and had no idea what she wanted to do but knew that she no longer wanted a boss nor wanted to put on pants most days. She also recognized a knack for connecting people and building community. She (now) believes getting fired was the best thing to ever happen to her.
From Evanston, Illinois, with a B.A. in English and Sociology from Boston College, Saya lives in Chicago with her husband aka Best Friend whom she met at one of her own events, and with whom she’s
planning had an almost 100-percent-bartered wedding (she loves frugality and efficiency). You can see her in action via her TEDx talk and her Listen To Your Mother story.
When Saya used to try to fit in — which as an amazonian biracial Black Jew with a single mom, homemade clothes, and bike for a car was difficult — she was miserable. Since learning the power of voice, she is a master at getting others to “Me too!”, even to the most embarrassing admittances, and now embraces her literal and figurative stretch marks.
She is ready for a book-deal and already has the font picked out for her obvious NYT best-seller; if you’d like to offer her a book-deal, do get in touch.
Via M&C, she’s a wearer of many hats and thus needs twenty-minutes to answer, “So what do you do?” Her hats are also always changing. Today you can find her sporting the following fashions, about which you can learn more about under the Offerings tab:
- Consultant – entrepreneurism, presentations, & storytelling
- Experience Creator, Curator, & Producer – weekend getaways to performances to conferences
- Speaker / Facilitator / Emcee – TEDx to keynotes to staff retreats
- Teacher – digital media, storytelling, productivity, living a full life, & networking
- Writer & Editor – specialization in the personal narrative
How do You Pronounce Saya’s Name?
Like Maya Angelou. But with an “S”. And with less Pulitzer Prizes.
Fun fact: did you know Maya Angelou was born Marguerite Ann Johnson?!
Why “Mac & Cheese?”
It’s universally-loved, it’s comfort-food, it’s memorable…
A Cheese-It said it best: “The name ‘Mac & Cheese’ embodies all that Saya has created: warmth, goodness and fulfillment. Overall good food for the soul (without the calories!).”