Everything here has been lovingly refinished by Type A, clean-freak, amateur DIYer Saya — items may have signs of age and wear and most definitely have imperfections. Ya know, vintage’y, one of a kind, with character.
Pick up is in Chicago’s Wicker Park, near Damen and Division. To purchase an item, send an email to Saya and let her know which you’re interested in. Prices firm. If something has been sold, it’ll be marked as such. Venmo, Paypal, or Quick Pay/Zelle; you can pay after you see it in person and make sure you do indeed looooove it. All sales final. No refunds or exchanges.
What’s with the names? Due to the involved blood, sweat, tears, curses, and love, these become Saya’s babies and babies need names.
Click on photos to zoom in.
Some Before & Afters of Saya’s Not for Sale collection —
Chest — “Sandy”
Fill her with kid toys, pet toys, blankets, clothes, shoes?!?!
- 30″W x 15″H x 17.5″D
- Feet are felted for easy moving and floor protection
- Stain: Minwax – semi-transparent, Honey 272
Sealant: Varathane – polyurethane, crystal clear matte
Mirrors — “Bobby”
- $20 (set of 5)
- Each square is 10″H x 10″W
- Stain color: Kona
- Sealant: Matte
Curio Cabinet — “Lydia”
Willing to sell together or separately.
- $325 for both / $180 for one
- 56H x 21W x 10.5D
- Shelves: 16.5W x 9D
- Two unconnected cabinets ideal for display or storage (art, collectibles, books, games, office supplies…)
- Since the sides are finished, the cabinets can be kept together or used apart
- The back is not finished
- The six shelves are adjustable with four height options (pics purposefully show mismatched heights)
- The top is also finished and flat, allowing it to also be used as a shelf
- Feet are new, made of iron and rubber padded to prevent scratches
- Imperfections of note though they all relatively blend in (see pics) —
- One of the doors has new hinges and are a different style than the other door
- There are a few wood filler spots and are visibly different than the original wood
- One cabinet has new shelves and are a different color than the other three shelves
- There are scratches on some of the glass panes, along the edges
- Stain: Minwax – premium oil, semi-transparent, English Chestnut 233
Sealant: Minwax – water-based, polycrylic, semigloss
Step Stool — “Taylor”
I was using as a plant stand pre-refinishing (see example pic). Though sealed, I would be hesitant to use it as an actual step stool or anything that’d cause friction on top to minimize decoupage damage.
9″H x 14″W x 9.5″D
- Design is decoupaged and sealed paper
Stain: Varathane, Kona (it’s a deep brown, not black as it can appear in photos)
Sealant: Minwax, clear semi-gloss
Side Table — “Agnes”
18.5″H x 20″W x 15.5″D
Design is decoupaged and sealed paper
Stain: Minwax, Honey 272, semi-transparent
Sealant: Varathane, clear matte
Shelfcase — “Bella”
61″H x 16″W x 9″D
- Shelf height 6″
Primary – Sherwin Williams, Repose Gray, semi-gloss
Secondary – Valspar, unknown pre-mixed color, without a label. Similar to Valspar, Wedding Mint.
Stain color: Varathane, Kona (it’s a deep brown, not black as it can appear in photos)
Sealant: Minwax, semi-gloss
Dresser — “Lucia”
- 49″H x 39″W x 19.5″D
- Paint color: Valspar, semigloss, “Wedding Mint”
- Sealant: Matte
Updated with new knobs and drawer liners. Feet are felted for easy moving.