I bill myself as a clean freak but the reality is that I hate gross things. My roommate and I treated ourselves to a cleaning and it felt like a vacation. I trust Saya when she says she’ll do a bang-up job, and she did. After Saya left, my roommate and I walked from room to room and marveled at the cleanliness. Clean fans! No more dust around the vent on the bathroom floor! Clean garbage cans! CLEAN MICROWAVE! I would pay for Saya to clean my house every day if I could.
- Asked your network for a cleaning person referral only to come up empty?
- Been asked for a cleaning person referral only to have no one to recommend?
- Cleaned after the cleaning person left because he/she missed a spot (or ten)?
- Felt “Well, that was a waste of money” after a cleaning person left?
- Dreaded having guests because you didn’t want to clean in preparation?
- Cursed your life when scrubbing, washing, spritzing, sweeping because you detest cleaning?
- Cleaned before the cleaning person came, afraid of judgment?
- Felt shame around the state of cleanliness of your home?
- Stressed out about tipping a cleaning person because you’re not sure if you should or how much to tip?
- Had a cleaning person not show up or show up late?
- Had a cleaning person ignore your requests?
- Felt annoyed because you have to re-explain, re-show, redo due to a new cleaning person instead of the one who came last time?
- Felt trepidation about letting a cleaning person into your home while you’re not there?
- Felt that a cleaning person has saved your relationship with your roommate or significant other?
- Felt that a cleaning person is totally worth the money when it’s done right?
- Felt giddy knowing that when you get home your place is gonna be a pristine paradise?
Meshing Saya’s love of order, serene environments, and using her superpowers to bring joy to others with her desire to flourish her business through physical work, Mac & Cheese Productions℠ offers residential cleaning services.
Who is this for?
You live in the city of Chicago and
- You hate cleaning
- You’re busy and don’t have time to clean
- You’d rather spend your time _______ than cleaning
- You’re having/had a get-together
- You’re moving and need a move-out cleaning of the space you’re leaving
- You’re moving and need a move-in cleaning of the space you’re heading
- You have an Airbnb and need to have it cleaned before guests arrive
- You’re a realtor or landlord and need a space to be listing-Open House-new tenant-new owner ready
- As an add-on, Saya is happy to walk Doggie when she’s at your home for a cleaning
- She only does walks if she’s cleaning, she’s not a dog-walker for hire
Do you have any shame surrounding the cleanliness of your space?
- Saya has thrown cookies in the trash out of disgust for eating so many and an hour later, eaten said cookies — if she can share that with you, you can have her clean you space
- No judgment. This is like when you’re worried to go to a yoga or cardio class for the first time because everyone will be staring at you as you obviously have no idea what you’re doing — no one is looking at you, they’re all in their own heads, worried that you’re judging them.
- Saya is there to clean and clear her head, not to fill it with thoughts about you
If you are looking for someone that will give your home extra TLC and attention to detail, Saya is your woman. I like to think of myself as a fairly clean person but the truth is that I am more “surface clean.” Besides the cleaning basics, you know those icky, grungy spots in your house that you ignore for a long time, hoping they will go away? I’m talking about the area under the stove, the ring around the faucet and drains, the corners of the bathtub, the area behind the toilet seat, the dust build-up on fans…Saya will find and get rid of that grossness so you can stop feeling guilty about it. I was very happy with Saya’s cleaning and it felt so good to enjoy my home afterwards.
- Garbage — take out (large debris excluded) and clean receptacles
- Accessible surfaces
- Mirrors and glass fixtures
- Rugs — shake out and/or vacuum (if you provide a vacuum)
- Dishwasher — load and run
- Microwave exterior and interior
- Appliance exteriors
- Toilet, tub/shower, and sink
- Bed — make (linens changed if left out)
- In-unit non-clothes laundry (bedding and towels) — wash, dry, and fold
- Oven interior
- Fridge interior
- Cabinets interior (kitchen and/or bathroom) — included in move-in and move-out if cabinets are empty
- Interior windows — note that if windows are higher than 6’ Saya can reach, you’ll need to provide a step-stool or ladder
- Ceiling fans (1-2 fans) — ladder must be provided; every 1-2 fans over the initial two is an additional $25
- Knick-knacks (1-2 rooms) — every 1-2 rooms over the initial two is an additional $25
- Exterior windows
- Dishes (beyond loading and running dishwasher)
- Rugs/carpets (beyond vacuuming if vacuum is provided)
- Window treatments (blinds, curtains, etc.)
- Occupied closets
- Ducts and vents
- Moving heavy furniture/appliances
- Pest infestation
- Pet waste/litter
- Deep stain removal
I have never hired anyone to clean my home before, but I broke my ankle and was reminded of a life lesson that took a long time for me to learn: it’s ok to ask for help! I immediately booked Saya. Saya is careful, thorough, and enthusiastic about making everything nice and shiny. She is friendly to cats, while also tough on grease. Having a restored home and a friendly presence have been helpful mentally as I recover physically!
Booking Interest Form
This’ll help Saya determine if she can give you what you want. Before you fill this out, you may want to peruse the FAQs below.
- She loves cleaning
- She’s good at cleaning
- She’s personal and professional
- Look at how she comforts herself when stressed — notice a theme?!
Why can’t you book Saya automatically? Why do you have to fill out a Booking Request Form?
Do you need to be home?
How does Saya access your space?
What’s the first-timer’s visit?
What’s the tipping policy?
Why can’t you tip Saya?
What cleaning supplies are used?
Do you need to provide anything for a cleaning?
A step-stool/ladder if there’s anything 6″ Saya can’t reach. A vacuum if you have vacuum needs. Linens put out if you want fresh sheets.
Is commercial space cleaning available?
How many people will clean your home?
Will you always have the same cleaner?
How do you pay for your cleaning?
When is payment due?
Why shouldn’t you book a less expensive service?
How much time will it take?
What’s the cancellation policy?
What’s the refund policy?
What if your scheduled cleaning falls on a holiday?