Fear Experiment℠ Tickets
“I didn’t know what to expect from this show. I was excited to go, but did not expect to be blown away. I have a penchant for live shows, mostly of the musical nature. I try to take in as many as possible and Fear Experiment, by far, exceeded a lot professional acts I have seen in regards to OVERALL entertainment.”
As a way to meet others, challenge themselves, learn a skill, and be a rockstar, strangers sign up solo to spend two and a half months rehearsing an art-form that perhaps they’re not the best at — Broadway, storytelling, or improv this go round — with a group of other solo and fearful people, and then perform in front of hundreds.
Fear Experiment℠ is the best parts of summer camp and a talent show smooshed together — an adult recital if you will. Celebrate adults facing fears in their debut and encore performance during an inspiring evening of saying YES to vulnerability and imperfection on a stage that’s held Whitney Houston, Bob Dylan, Aretha Franklin, and Tom Petty.
Fear Experiment Thirteen
It’s the tenth anniversary and final Fear Experiment℠!
- Park West, 322 W Armitage Ave, Chicago
- Saturday, January 23rd
- Doors 5:30pm; show 7pm sharp
- Shows are usually 2.5 – 3 hours
- All seats are General Admission
Before you purchase tickets, you may want to check out the FAQs below. You can also learn more about Fear Experiment℠ here. Ticket sales are offered through the Park West; if you have inquiries beyond what’s below and the person you’re coming to support in the show doesn’t know, contact the venue.
Is there another way to pay for tickets other than online?
- You can also buy tickets in person at the Park West Box Office; go here for hours
- Tickets cannot be bought over the phone
Can I avoid ticket fees?
- If you buy tickets in person at the Park West Box Office; go here for hours
If I choose General Admission + Slideshow Ad, how will I know what to send when?
- Within a week of your ticket purchase, you’ll get an email from “Saya | Mac & Cheese Productions” with instructions on how to create and place your slideshow ad
- If you don’t get this email within that time frame, check spam
- Still not there? Contact Saya
I’m planning on surprising someone in the show with my attendance. Anything I should know?
- Participants know the names of all the ticket purchasers
- If you want to surprise someone, it’s suggested you have someone who is also going to the show buy your ticket for you so that your name isn’t on the ticket list
Where are my seats?
- Seating is General Admission
- Are there bad seats? No. BUT fifty of the tickets are standing room, and it’s first come first serve for seats. So the last fifty to enter the theater will probably be the ones sans seats if we sell out.
Do you sell out?
When do the doors open and the show start?
- Doors open at 5:30pm
- Show starts at 7pm (sharp)
What time do I need to arrive?
- Some people come at 5:30pm — do you need to come that early? Nope.
- You can show up at 6, 6:34, 7pm…
- Early-birds are usually ones who want booths, want to hang with friends pre-show, and/or want to get a big section of seats together
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
- Anyone 21+ who wishes to drink must have an ID
- All attempts are made to make the show family-friendly but be aware that sometimes ‘adult’ topics may come up (especially in improv and storytelling) from the audience or participants
- The show is all-ages but you’re encouraged to not bring children younger than ten due to the length of the show and aforementioned topics
Can I bring a baby?
- Your baby is super adorable but please don’t
Do you have discounted tickets for children? Can children come without tickets and sit on laps?
- No, every attendee must have a General Admission ticket
What are my ticket options?
- Will Call ticket (ID required)
When will my tickets be sent to me?
- You’ll either get an e-ticket immediately upon purchase or you can pick up tickets at Will Call
Can I leave and come back?
- Re-entry is not permitted
Is my ticket transferrable?
- If you need to transfer a ticket, you can do so via your Evenbrite account; change the name and email from yours to whomever is taking your ticket
What is the refund policy?
- There are no refunds
Can I buy tickets at the door?
- If they’re available
Is the show handicapped accessible?
- Yes! Call the Park West at 773-929-5959 if you require handicap seating
- You can also find any security staff member the night of the show for assistance
Is food sold at the theater?
- No but there are tons of eateries nearby (see below)
What can’t I bring to the event?
- Outside beverages, including water; security will make you throw it out
- Outside food
- Bags bigger than 12 inches by 12 inches (allowed bags are subject to search)
- Laptops or tablets
Is there an intermission?
- There is a brief intermission
How long does the show run?
- Shows are usually two and half hours to three hours
After the show, can I hang out with the Rockstar I came to support?
- Absolutely! The theater and bar will remain open for a bit post-show and anyone is welcome to stay and hang out
Is there a coat check?
- There’s a paid coat-check available
Are photos and video allowed?
- Absolutely! If you share on social, you’re encouraged to use #FearExperiment so that everyone can enjoy your images
What are other good things to know?
- There is a minimum credit card charge for drinks so you may want to bring cash
- There’s a bathroom attendant so you may want cash for a tip (though tipping is NOT required!)
What are my transportation options?
- Public transportation, bikes, and cabs are highly-recommended as PARKING IS DIFFICULT
- There is a Divvy station down the street from the theater (Clark & Armitage)
- The brown-line Armitage stop is about a mile west
- Lincoln, Armitage and Clark St buses stop very near the theater
- There is a mix of un-metered street parking and metered parking
- Instead of a cab, try
- Parking apps ParkWhiz and SpotHero allow you to search for and reserve nearby spots; first time users use these links for discounts — ParkWhiz & SpotHero
Are there places to eat nearby?