To thank Boyfriend’s parents for hosting us over the holidays, we sent something that each of them mentioned loving multiple times while we were there, a Giordano’s pizza. Of course, that may have just been to make us Chicagoans feel better about our corrupt Governors, our frustrating residents who “save” parking spots via old furniture, our hapless Cubs, and our bone-chilling cold, but I think the love was genuine.
When I got the below tracking update in my inbox this AM, I shook my head in one of those “Wow, technology!” moments. Yesterday at 11:13AM, Chicago FedEx was notified that there are two people in Louisiana who enjoy deep-dish; today at 8:32AM, Louisiana FedEx is driving to Boyfriend’s mom’s school to deliver said deep-dish. And if all goes well, today at 6:23PM, Boyfriend Mom and Boyfriend Dad will be slicing into a piece of sausage-deliciousness.
I complain about slow-servers, spam, down-Twitter, junk-mail, post-office lines, ever-rising stamp prices, Farmville-status updates, people who recklessly Reply All. Not today. Big WHAT UP, technology! You rock.
- Jan 4, 2011 8:32 AM, On FedEx vehicle for delivery, MONROE, LA
- Jan 4, 2011 8:29 AM, At local FedEx facility, MONROE, LA
- Jan 4, 2011 5:13 AM, At dest sort facility, SHREVEPORT, LA
- Jan 4, 2011 4:22 AM, Departed FedEx location, MEMPHIS, TN
- Jan 3, 2011 10:57 PM, Arrived at FedEx location, MEMPHIS, TN
- Jan 3, 2011 8:15 PM, Left FedEx origin facility, ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL
- Jan 3, 2011 3:03 PM, Picked up, ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL
- Jan 3, 2011 11:13 AM, Shipment information sent to FedEx