Blueprint Board Workshop
It’s not a Vision Board. It’s not a Dream Board. It’s not a Goal Board. It’s a Blueprint Board.
There’s something magical that happens when you communicate your ideal life and even before that, when you’re able to actually pinpoint what your ideal life looks like. Sometimes figuring out what you want is the primary challenge and what needs to occur before figuring out steps to attain that life. It’s much easier to work towards something when you know what that something is.
With that in mind, you’re led through a variety of wheels-turning activities to shift your perspective, get you thinking about things you’ve never thought about, and break down huge, overwhelming, where do I start?! goals into realistic and doable steps. You start with a blank canvas and fill it up with visual representations of how you’ll get where you want to be. Personally. Professionally. Spiritually. Romantically. Physically. Financially. Mentally. Whatever-ally. This isn’t about dreams of what you want, this is about attainment of what you want.
Worried that you don’t know where you want to go let alone where you’ll actually go? Don’t be. Your facilitator Saya, aka Accessible Oprah, is a dreamboat at getting you to foreign, scary, hidden places. She’s just the right blend of comfort and challenge, of letting you be and nudging.
Craft a Blueprint Board with yummy items like glue sticks, magazines, and stickers, then share your path and hear where others are headed. An inspiring, hands-on experience to embrace Future You with a warm hug and sense of purpose and direction. Working on ourselves amongst others working on themselves is all sorts of wonderful.
This is a great solo, group of friends, family, couple activity.
In-person takes place at Mac & Cheese Productions℠ in Wicker Park (Division/Ashland; exact address sent to registrants). Stay tuned for future offerings…
"This was a wonderful way to launch (the year)! The Blueprint workshop is a Visionboard workshop, but with the plan to get there. It was a comfortable space with a lovely group of at least 20 people who hadn't met before today. Saya led the workshop with skill, humor, and empathy."
"I’ve taken a few of Saya’s seminars and like the others, this one did not disappoint. I love listening to Saya- she’s motivating, funny and inspiring. At the end of class I walked out with a goal setting plan and a positive energy."
"I loved blueprint making with Saya! Before beginning the blueprint, Saya asked a bunch of rapid fire, easy-to-answer questions. While writing out my answers so quickly that I couldn’t filter or judge them, I got some unexpected and much-needed clarity. In doing that work, I was able to unlock something that’s been stuck for far too long."
This is for you if you agree these are pretty great —
- being in a room full of friendly, focused people in slippers and elastic-band pants
- hearing that others also desire _____, struggle with ______, dream of _____
- letting go of junk that/whom doesn’t/don’t serve
- doing your own thing silently amongst others doing their own thing silently
- mugs of warm libations
- toe-tapping music at an appropriate volume
- a homey loft with couches, armchairs, succulents, and a fireplace
- gluesticks, markers, and a bevy of other non-computer screen hands-on, interactive items
- being creative and artistic and arts & crafts’y
- being creative and artistic and arts & crafts’y without judging yourself or others
- an experience curated and led by Accessible Oprah
- having a clear and realistic roadmap for the future
- accountability tools so that the inspiration and motivation don’t fizzle away
- thinking about your future in a positive way
- intro activities to set the vibe and get wheels turning
- primary activity: blueprint board creation
- shares, inspiration, and steps to ensure the blueprint board isn’t a dream board
All materials are included. There will be a communal table where you can give and take. But it’s ok if you just take.
- your comfiest outfit, your makeup-less face, your hot mess hair
- slippers/cozy socks – we’ll all be going shoeless
- notebook, diary, journal — we’ll be doing some note-taking
To bring (optional)
- any favorite school supplies or arts & crafts supplies — pens, markers, stickers, craft paper, paper cutters, etc.
- magazines — use this as an excuse to get rid of all those old magazines piling up at home
- any snacks or drinks you’d like for yourself or to share — cups, bottle openers, utensils, fridge, microwave available
- downfall of being a converted factory, it can get drafty — you may want a hoody or the like