BEFORE YOU JUMP INTO SMATTERINGS –
- Did you know that if you search the hashtag #smatterings on Twitter or Facebook, you can get much of this random goodness all neatly laid out for you, going back months and months?!
- Italics is my voice/means I’m the one to follow up with, which you can do here
- If you have your images turned off, you might want to turn them on as there are often pictures included
- If you are reading this in an RSS feed, you may want to head to the original post, so you’ll see everything
- Learn how and why to post in Smatterings
Mac & Cheese Productions Goodness | FEAR EXPERIMENT (FE)
First there was dance, then improv, then a capella and stepping, and now STORYTELLING!
If you’d like to apply for the next round, which starts in the Fall, head here.
Info sessions start this month; attendance at one mandatory to apply.
Chicago Public Media (which runs WBEZ) announced its new CEO will be Goli Sheikholeslami, who worked previously at The Washington Post and other digital media companies.
The sneaky things that bring down your credit score
This isn’t a list of what you SHOULD do when you are in love. If you feel “should” then you might not be in love.
These are things I feel when I’m in love. Love comes and goes. And comes and goes. It’s ok to not be in love. And it’s okay to be in love forever.
People love this place!
IPaintMyMind is a Chicago-based nonprofit arts organization whose mission is to publish arts coverage, support artists, and connect the public with great emerging art. IPMM isn’t just a curator, publisher, gallery, or community organization: they’re all of those things.
Having launched their hallmark community arts program entitled Shared Walls in 2012, IPMM curates temporary art exhibitions into schools, parks, and community centers, while also offering the program as a service to private businesses.
IPaintMyMind Gallery is located at 2545 W Diversey in the Green Exchange building (Logan Square/Avondale) and hosts monthly art openings, film screenings, and more.
Did You Know? April is Autism Awareness Month!
And AS2YP (Autism Speaks to Young Professionals) is doing its part to celebrate in Chicago. Are you?
With 1 in 68 children affected in America, the cause is an important and relevant one. Autism Speaks spends the entire month raising awareness through its international campaign, Light It Up Blue – every continent and 101 countries participated in 2013; even the International Space Station lit up blue! This year, over 150 buildings in Chicago have already signed up to go blue including Willis Tower, the John Hancock Building, Water Tower and Trump Tower, some for the first time ever.
For the third year in a row, the Chicagoland Chapter of Autism Speaks is also hosting a “Turn The Bean Blue” event at, you guessed it, The Bean on April 2nd, World Autism Awareness Day, at 7:15pm.
Also, join AS2YP for our sixth annual Double Denim Bar Crawl on April 12th. Bounce around Wrigleyville from 12-8pm with drink deals, fun contests and a ridiculous amount of denim attire.
Then, end Autism Awareness Month with us at Illuminate, our annual Light It Up Blue cocktail reception. This year’s event will be held at Block 37 on April 26th from 7-11pm. Enjoy appetizers from Chicago restaurants, an open bar, Silent Auction and an After Party at Rockit Ranch’s Underground.
This complimentary service gives CPL card members free access to more than 150 digital magazines, including faves likeUS Weekly and Shape, via your computer or mobile device. Since the platform is digital, there are no waits–catch up on Khloe and Lamar’s divorce anytime.
Mac & Cheese Productions Goodness | “HOW TO LIFE A LIFE OF YES!” WORKSHOP
One of my most popular offerings, coming up this month!
Mac & Cheese Productions Goodness | TIME-MANAGEMENT & EFFICIENCY WORKSHOP
I share the tools and resources I use to make a busy life simple.
Your story about money
Like Pharrell’s Happy? Check out my alma mater!
A Very ‘Happy’ BC Story
Which are you?
‘Askers’ vs. ‘Guessers’
Mac & Cheese Productions in the press! Twice!
Congrats Jason and Colleen!
10 Rising Improv Stars Who Deserve Their Own TV Shows
Tech investors think they’ve found the Apple of coffee.
Good for anyone really…10 Life Lessons to Excel in Your 30s
Ladies – join the Chicago Beer Gals Collective on Thursday, April 10th for an evening of craft beer & pampering at Noktivo Spa & Beauty Boutique, Chicago’s ONLY non-toxic spa. They will be offering a choice of two services: mini manicure, mini pedicure, mini massage.
We will be joined by Patti Mandel from Goose Island Beer Company. She will be sharing two NEW beers from Goose Island – Endless IPA and The Illinois Imperial IPA. Both of these new beers have unique ingredient stories with a local twist.
Jenny Perillo, Owner of Noktivo Spa, will be talking about the skin benefits of beer and hop oils, which are used in many beauty care products.
Tickets include 2 mini spa services, samples of 2 new beers from Goose Island and light snacks.
You must be over 21 to attend. IDs will be checked at the door.
Goose Island Beer Co. is an innovator and leader in the craft of brewing. Striving to create beers that define styles, win awards, and captivate the hearts, imaginations, and palates of beer drinkers.
The Chicago Beer Gals Collective is a series of educational craft beer events connecting enthusiasts with women in the industry. Events produced by www.hail2theale.com
Would love to see “Best At” version
Here’s a Map That Shows What Every American State is the Worst At
Mac & Cheese Productions Goodness | LIFE OF YES! SLEEPAWAY CAMP
Application deadline is May 1st!
If you answer yes to one, some, all of these, Life of Yes! Camp is for you—
- Does the idea of expanding your social circle sound appealing?
- Does doing something for yourself sound unusual, needed, nice?
- Are all your friends getting married, having babies, moving to the suburbs?
- Do you feel your relationships are surface-level, that there’s not a lot of substance to them?
- Do you feel stuck in a rut?
- Do you feel alone?
- Do you want to belong, to feel a part of a community?
- Have you done everything you’re supposed to do – the job, the condo, the schooling, the significant other – but still feel something is amiss?
- Would you like to say YES! more?
- Would you like to be around people who say YES! more?
- Are you tired of feeling bad about yourself because you’re ______?
- Are you tired of trying to impress others, of being someone who you’re not? Would you like to be yourself, around other people being themselves?
- Are you looking for an answer to “What am I passionate about?” “What do I want to do?”
- Are you ready to move on from and let go of past lows, disappointment, frustration?
- Do you wish you had more confidence in yourself?
- Are you tired of being fearful or of feeling like you’re sitting on the sidelines watching life pass you by?
- Do you want to be doing something else professionally?
- Do you have an entrepreneurial itch?
- Do you find yourself constantly being envious of others’ lives?
- Are you ready for a change?
- Are you hard-pressed to think of anything you’re good at?
- Do you think you have a superpower or two that may be of use to others?
- Do you feel like you’re treading water, constantly moving but never getting anywhere?
Life of Yes! (LOY) Sleepaway Camp is designed to equip you with a way of thinking and a community rooted in you getting as much as you can out of your life.
A weekend filled with habit-, value-, and courage-development activities, in an environment where you feel at home with people you just met…
How to Put a Toddler to Bed in 100 Easy Steps
Beautiful, vulnerable reflection via a Fear Experimenter.
I cried so hard, I laughed: Finding myself after the end of my marriage
Totally thought she was a Black, 40 something year old; so wrong!
This Is Radio: Brooke Gladstone
Can’t believe I watched all of this. And found it interesting.
John Green Defines Every Acronym Ever
Interesting thoughts on “internships” —Just Say NO!
New way to find dates, Coffee Meets Bagel.(FREE!)
If anyone does this, let me know how you like it — intrigued!
The Scientific Quest to Prove Bisexuality Exists
Remember your first tweet? No?
Now you can.
New Yorker article
THE POINTLESSNESS OF UNPLUGGING
HOW BRIAN CHESKY, THE MILLENNIAL IMPRESARIO BEHIND RED-HOT AIRBNB, TEAMED UP WITH CHIP CONLEY, THE HOTEL INDUSTRY’S LAST BLACK-SHEEP INNOVATOR, TO REIMAGINE THE $6 TRILLION TRAVEL BIZ AND, IN THE PROCESS, BUILD THE WORLD’S LARGEST HOSPITALITY BRAND.
A beloved colleague is setting off on a “new adventure,” and the gang is celebrating with farewell pisco sours at your favorite Peruvian spot tonight. There’s just one problem: You can’t make the party.
Assuage your guilt by using a new-to-Chicago app, Gratafy, to send over a round of congratulatory drinks–without the hassle of trying to explain your order over the phone to a harried bartender.
First, open the app on your iPhone or Android and pick the entrée, appetizer, drink or dessert you want to gift. (You can pick something specific the very moment your friend is at the bar, or send general monetary gift certificates that can be used at any time.) Then, enter the recipient’s number and she’ll get a text announcing your gift–she doesn’t need to have the app on her phone–with a code to show to her server when redeeming the goods.
So far 18 Chicago restaurants have signed on to participate, and the current selection of gifts includes everything from craft cocktails ($13) at Hubbard Inn to flatbreads ($11) at Prasino. (More options will be added soon.)
Mac & Cheese Productions Goodness | POTLUCK! (A SMORGASBORD OF IDEAS)
Potluck! (A Smorgasbord of Ideas) brings together several of Chicago’s best and brightest, funniest and handsomest, wittiest and engaging-est for an evening of rapid fire musings on whatever they choose to muse upon.
Each presenter talks about whatever he/she wants, for six-minutes.
No actual food involved.
Check out the lineup for the next one!
And buy NOW, we sell out.
Curated by Mac & Cheese Productions and TeamPete
That’s it, folks! Hope you enjoyed this issue.
Use someone’s services in Smatterings and LOVED them? Went to an activity suggested in here and LOVED it? Have some other positive come out of Smatterings?
Let me know! That fuels me continuing to do Smatterings twice a month.