To see other Mac & Cheese Chapters, head here. If you live outside of a Chapter area, you’re still welcome to join; e.g. if you live in Virginia, check out DC. To see a list of all events, everywhere, head to the Calendar page.
Virtual – I Can’t: Decorate Cakes
Have you ever seen a beautifully decorated cake and thought to yourself, “I wish I could do that”? …Well, You CAN!
August 20 @7:00 – 9:00 pm (EST)
I Can’t: Decorate Cakes is part of Mac & Cheese Productions’ I Can’t series, where adults state they’re unable to do something, they try it/learn about it with a bunch of other adults who also “can’t,” and everyone proves themselves wrong and not only does the thing, but enjoys it and says, “That wasn’t so bad. In fact, kinda fun. Good for me! What’s next?!” Past “I Can’ts” have included yoga, improv, draw, have a dog, side hustle, and buy a home. To see other upcoming offerings, head here.
- Do you want to learn a new creative skill that’s fun and delicious?
- Do you have no, some, or lots of experience decorating cakes?
- Do you want a social diversion while social distancing?
- Do you want to experience a creative activity to enjoy alone? With a child? With a partner, friend, parent?
If you answered ‘Yes’ to any of these questions, then this is the perfect activity for you. Fun for all ages!
You’ll be taken step-by-step through the process of icing and decorating your very own cake creations.
Recommended decorating tools / supplies
- Wilton Decorating Set, 18 pc @Walmart or POQOD 53 pc set @Amazon
- Gel Icing Colors @Walmart.com or Gel Icing Colors @Amazon)
- Pre-baked (non-iced) cake; Non-bakers can purchase Entenmenn’s, Sara Lee (or other) pound cake
- Pre-made buttercream Icing (recipe provided upon request)
- Spatula (preferred) @Amazon or butter knife for spreading icing
- Waxed paper or extra plate (for practice board), access to hot water
Meet Your Chapter Leader
‘Life of Yes’ for me is all about saying ‘Yes’ to opportunities that present themselves despite any fears or hesitations; trying new experiences simply out of curiosity; doing things that make us happy for happiness sake; pursuing what we want to do, not just what we feel we have to do.”— Cheryl
Cheryl is a lifelong learner and curiosity explorer who loves to experience new things. She loves to travel and explore new cities; meet and interact with people from different backgrounds and with different perspectives. She is always on the lookout for new opportunities for both professional and personal growth, and is usually either taking, leading, or looking for a new class or workshop.
Cheryl has an M.Ed. in Cognitive Science with a minor in Adult Education. She is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) with over 20 years of leadership experience. Cheryl is eager to encourage others to pursue their professional and personal passions and say ‘Yes’ to new experiences.