I serve owners. You can own the company, or just own your cubicle, but if you don’t own your choices, and believe there are #noexcuses any more, but simply your actions, then you’re not who I serve. – Chris Brogan
Mac & Cheese Productions offers opportunities for people who want to grow their community and themselves without resorting to oft-disheartening paths such as stuffy networking events, online dating sites, classes that screech to a halt after the class ends, and life coaches whose own lives don’t reflect what they preach.
Mac & Cheese helps participants (fondly known as Cheese-Its) meet others and enhance their lives in ways that are non-traditional, high-value, comfortable, and fun, or in other words, live a Life of YES!
- Your default is to think YES, why not?, let’s do it, instead of NO, what if, I can’t
- you recognize and modify self-imposed constraints
- you see value in being open and optimistic
- You feel connected
- to others, to opportunities (professionally and personally), to yourself
- You have a supportive community of people who are up for anything
- you have a tribe
- you belong
- you run into fellow LOYers all the time
- You revert to kid’ness
- laughing till your abs hurt/eyes water
- doing something without passing judgment on others or yourself
- using your hands, moving your body
- play for play’s sake
- You feel comfortably challenged
- You’re a magnet for goodness
- things fall in your lap
- You spend your time doing what you want to be doing
- You take action
- You’re selfish in a positive way
- self-love and self-care is a good thing and makes you a better friend, coworker, significant other, parent
- You embrace your suckage and your differences and put them to work for you
- When you hit a bump, you deal with it and you move on
- You’re fulfilled and happy most of the time
- You understand that you choose what your life looks like
- You realize your superpowers and use them to better your life and the lives of others
Mac & Cheese is for you if you
- Want to meet new people
- Want to challenge yourself
- You’re tired of being someone else to impress others and just want to be yourself and be among people being themselves
- Are going through a transition – new city, new job, new relationship status…
- Are looking for an answer to “What am I passionate about?” “What do I want to do?”
- Want to create genuine, lasting bonds with others
- Aren’t sure what you want, but know you want something more
- Would rather try and fail then not try at all
- Want to say Yes! more
- Have the entrepreneurial itch
- Want to help someone: maybe yourself, maybe someone else, maybe both
- Are looking for more interesting stuff to fill your time than movies, bars, and reruns of Friends
- Are open-minded
- Feel stuck
- Are ready to kick fear in the shins and use it to your benefit
- Want to focus not on yesterday or tomorrow but on today
- Aren’t sure why you’re reading this, or why it resonates, but want to explore the possibilities
About the Creator of Mac & Cheese
Saya Hillman started Mac & Cheese Productions in 2004 after she got fired from her last full-time job and had no idea what she wanted to do but knew that she no longer wanted a boss. She also recognized a knack for connecting people and building community. She 110% believes that getting fired was the best thing to ever happen to her!
From Evanston, Illinois, with a B.A. in English and Sociology from Boston College, Saya lives in Chicago with her husband whom she met at one of her own events, and with whom she’s
planning had an almost 100-percent-bartered wedding (she loves frugality and efficiency). You can see her in action via her TEDx talk and her Listen To Your Mother story. She is ready for a book-deal and already has the font picked out for her obvious NYT best-seller; if you’d like to offer her a book-deal, please get in touch!
How do You Pronounce Saya’s Name?
Like Maya Angelou. But with an “S”. And with less Pulitzer Prizes.
Fun fact: did you know Maya Angelou was born Marguerite Ann Johnson?!
Why “Mac & Cheese?”
It’s universally-loved, it’s comfort-food, it’s memorable…
A Cheese-It said it best: “The name ‘Mac & Cheese’ embodies all that Saya has created: warmth, goodness and fulfillment. Overall good food for the soul (without the calories!).”